We all spent the morning doing things that make us happy:
Kieran stayed in bed, reading. (That is my copy of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" from when I was a kid, by the way. Only I spent my summer days reading it up in the apricot tree.)
Aiden got to help feed the chickens.
Nyah went out in the field behind the house to catch ladybugs.
Jeremiah went out, like every morning, to take care of his beautiful garden.
And I reached my first milestone in training for a 5K in September. (I'm really excited!)
Ah, summer. I get bummed about things like having to bathe a muddy four-year-old three times a day, but that is more than made up for in mornings like this one, and exciting summer storms, and barbecues with family, and all the other things that we love so much.
What do you love about summer?
What do you love about summer?




1 comment:
I used to spend summer afternoons riding my bike to the library, reading everything I could find.
As for now, I'm loving weekend barbeques, our $20 wading pool that I truly think was the best $20 we've ever spent, evening walks when it cools off so beautifully, corn on the cob, watermelon, and near nightly runs for ice cream cones.
Post a Comment