Day 14 – We hustled out the door to go to Sacrament Meeting
and then came back to get our stuff and check out of the hotel. It was an Embassy Suites; by far the best one
we’ve stayed at so far, and we all enjoyed it very much.
Before leaving Virginia we went to Mt. Vernon. I seriously could have spent the whole entire day there. The mansion was great, as always, but I don’t remember enjoying the grounds so much when Jeremiah and I went years ago.
So I was already thrilled to death but then we saw the new visitor’s center and museum that was not there ten years ago. We had to just hurry through at that point and it made me so sad to not linger and soak it all in, but what we did get to see was awesome. I loved it, loved it, loved it.
Even our drive from Mt. Vernon to Manteo was an
adventure. We stopped at a gas station
to fuel up and have bathroom breaks and Aiden locked himself in the
bathroom. I don’t know how he locked it,
because he said he couldn’t reach to unlock.
I tried to talk him through how to unlock the little sliding lock but he
said he couldn’t do it. So finally I
told him to turn over the garbage can and stand on it so that he could get to
the lock more easily. He got out and I
got some gloves from the employees at the gas station so that I could clean up
the mess. We had to laugh.
Finally we pulled in at Gramma Donna and Grampa Chuck’s house. It was almost 10:00 but by the time we visited and got some things in the fridge and made beds and got the kids settled it was nearly midnight when Jeremiah and I finally got to bed.
After the beach we came home and got cleaned up, made dinner, relaxed some more… A beautifully lazy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment