I realized that this really isn't the Grant family blog, it's me and sometimes I relate the adventures of the clan. So I decided the blog ought to reflect who it really belongs to...I think this has become a bit of an outlet for me, anyway. I've always been in love with words - reading them or writing them. In high school I remember writing a poem that was basically saying that I liked to write because I was getting myself out on paper so that I could see who I was. Well, just like some people (including myself) often think outloud, writing helps me process things. I love stringing together a sentence, and I love going back to read it. I told Jeremiah this week that I am a word addict. No wonder I sat in the front room for hours as a kid, reading the encycolpedia. :)
Yesterday was a fun day. We went to a ward activity that was based on the show "The Amazing Race." It was a lot of fun. Afterwards, when Jeremiah was putting Aiden down for a nap, Kieran and Nyah and I sat on Kieran's bed (the top bunk) and watched "Finding Nemo" together on the portable DVD player. I don't often sit down and watch something with the kids. I usually take advantage of the opportunity to get something done. So it was fun to just chill and enjoy the movie with them.
I find I still stress out easy. Even after a relaxing day, I got all wound up during dinner time. That's always a hard time of day for me. Today I asked Jeremiah to take the kids for a walk so that I can be alone for a few minutes. So I'm sitting here blogging and listening to Beethoven's 9th symphony (which is divine). When they come back we'll have dinner, so we'll see if this strategy gets me through with a smile still on my face. :) I plan on reading some poetry tonight, too. I'll have to post a poem that I found last night - I enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment