It's been busy 'round these parts. The kids were in a car accident with their grandma (in our van) last month. Nyah broke her nose, the van was totaled, all of them had bruises from the car seat harnesses. I've been on the phone with my insurance company, the other driver's insurance company, the rental car agency - multiple times, of course. I've been online reading about car seats and trying to choose what to get (you have to replace a car seat after it's been in an accident). I've driven to three different stores (one of them twice) to get the car seats. We've been to the chiropractor two and three times a week for the injuries to the kids necks. We've been trying to find a new car. Before our trip to Yellowstone. Before the insurance stops paying for a rental. We have to order a copy of the title on our van from the state of Arizona so that we can exchange the title for the insurance check. Oh, and our landlord wants to sell the house we are renting.
Sometimes I think, "Why do I feel stressed? This isn't really that bad! A lot of people have it a lot worse!"
Other times I think, "There is every reason to be stressed. But I can handle it. I'm handling it."
And other times I want to sit down and cry.
Or get a 12 hour massage.
2 comments:
Oh sweetie, you have everything to complain about! How awful- I would be a basketcase if my kids were in an accident. And I HATE being on the phone with insurnace companies. We've done our fair share in thee past month, and I dread it every time. And there can't be anything fun about dragging three kids to the chiro 2-3 times a week.
As far as car seats go, we love the Britax roundabout for the 5-pt harness. Its so sturdy, and really easy to use.
I hope things calm down. Have a good cry if you need one, and then tell Jer its time for that massage!
Guess it's been a while since I read your blog. I'm sorry it's been so stressful. I didn't know that your landlord wants to sell your house. I thought you were just ready to buy. Anyway, I hope you find the house of your dreams. And though you do have every reason to be stressed... I hope it eases up on you.
Post a Comment