No, not the first tooth to come in. The first tooth out. Kieran lost his first tooth today, and he was VERY excited.
After playing the tooth fairy, I turned his tooth around in my hands. It was both endearing and repulsive. There is was, jagged and bloody at the bottom, but a piece of my baby. My first baby.
Do we have to keep going down this path? I know that he will always be my Kieran, but I will miss the little boy. I guess I'm just feeling a little melancholy tonight. During the day I look forward to the kids growing up and being less effort (physically at least) to care for. But night falls and they are sleeping peacefully and I don't want my babies to go away and turn into great big grown up people.
No wonder women cry a lot.
We go around wanting things that are complete opposites.
That's bound to put a bit of a strain on our emotions.
1 comment:
Woweee, tell Kieran I said congratulations! And to you I completely sympathise. It's exciting to see them grow up and be able to do new things and have such fun. But it is always sad to say goodbye to the past. Just remember you always have the memories, and your baby is still there...just a little different.
Post a Comment