Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Breakfast with a 2-yr old chatter box


There was less chaos than usual at the breakfast table this morning because Kieran and Nyah were busy not getting dressed upstairs. So Aiden and I had some peaceful conversation:

Grandma and Grandpa will come over in the beautiful night. They will come and unbuckle me this afternoon. They will put on they nose (with a soft "s", not a "z" sound) boots and come over this afternoon.

(Quick in-draw of breath in excitement.) Both the birds fly way off that house over there outside, Mamma. Both the birds fly way!

Mamma, what is that noise from outside? Other bird...I thought the other bird do it, that noisy loud sound to us! That other bird say, "Happy Birthday to you, to you, to us!!!! (That part was sung). Mamma, let me look outside to see if the other bird is inside. Please, big other bird, come back, come back! I want you! Big other bird!
(Pause for chewing breakfast) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU GUYS!!!

Mamma, Big Mother Bird, will you get me down? I want see you guys!

Gasp! Mamma, there is something in my ear. There is something in my ear. There is something in my ear. (I asked, What is it?)

It is a worm, Mamma, it is a worm. (I asked, How did a worm get in your ear?)

(Smiling) Because. Mamma, will you get the worm out of my ear?

My spoon fell on the ground under the table!

At this point I got him his spoon, Aiden ate his last bite, and I unbuckled him from his high chair and off he went.

1 comment:

Lori B said...

I love it! I can't wait to talk to him in person.