(Well, that first image turned out well, didn't it? I need to find out where bloggers get all their images.)Ahem. So. I feel like I am standing at a microphone, embarrassed and trying to work up my nerve. But, here it is.
I am a writer.
Go ahead and laugh, really, because since I'm not really up on that stage, I won't be able to hear you. :) But here's the deal. Writing has always been a part of me. But I have majorly ignored that part of me for a loooong time. So I'm incredibly rusty, and there is nothing fabulous coming down the pipe for some time I am sure. Nevertheless, I proceed with the confidence that it will come. I will get out the WD-40 and loosen up the hinges and dive into this forgotten little corner of what is me, me, me. Which makes me smile.
A writer writes, of course, for an audience, and so in spite of the embarrassment, which I will have to get over, I am going to start posting more of what I write. The eventual goal, after all, is for complete strangers to happily plunk down some of their hard-earned cash for the privilege of spending an afternoon or two wallowing in my work, right?
For those of you that would rather put down a pint of wheat grass juice than analyze a piece of poetry (love ya, Jer), I will give a bit of introduction. This is a lighthearted, but philosophical poem. The toppings are all the things that I could choose to do in a day, with use of both of the meanings of the word "relish."
(untitled)
Today is my hot dog
(Bun-length, it is summer, after all).
I could eat it up, plain -
nothing to speak of tomorrow.
I could pile it up high
Full to the brim of the bun and beyond
And try to get it all down.
Or
I could dress it with relish
and a few little things -
and relish.
Phew. So there you have it. A fun little poem to get going on. Nothing stunning, but it was fun to write, and for now at least, that's the point.
Thanks for stopping by. :)

3 comments:
Hey you, keep up the good work. You are a writer, and I liked your poem.
Blogging Is my writing outlet too, and I know I need to b doing more writing. I constantly have 2-3 articles or blog posts bouncing around in my head. Getting them out of there and written is a different matter all together...
Thanks for having me, thanks for your email and compliment.
I wrote a poem in a college poetry class once about chocolate covered raisins. It was a food poem. It was a start. It was good.
It is liberating to express to the world we are writers. Encouraging and freaky at the same time.
Write with all you can, every spare minute, even! I told one of my friends in my writing critique group, that on average, for every poem I post on my blog, at least five hours are behind it.
Sometimes I do get lucky (the poem entitled, "A Study of Pencils") and I write a poem in ten minutes, but that is rare.
Writing is hard work but fun. And I wouldn't trade it for the world.
PS: Pass a hot dog. I'm hungry...
PPS: Write on!! :)
Post a Comment