
Leaf shadows played on her face
and he envied the tree
that kissed her so freely
Spreading a blanket with
cheese and fruit and baguettes
he hoped here to share
the first of all the rest of their lives
She, not of the same mind,
partook as though of the forbidden fruit
not inviting him to partake
Then she was gone - into the wilderness
where he gladly would have followed
now left only with crumbs
he snapped the knife blade closed
15 comments:
Beautiful, simply beautiful. :)
smiles. a wonderful picture, until the moment she is gone...nicely done mgapie...
great magpie!!
fresh and simple
loveNlight
Gabi
This is such a wonderfully lyrical poem, you have a truly charming classical style that is a delight to read. Marvellous Magpie! :)
Love lost ... nicely written!
I can feel the disappointment so "sharply"..good magpie!
Beautiful imagery. But for the crumbs left behind, she may not have been there at all.
A delicately put piece. How we often just watch love go.
not on the same page, but at least he tried.
great magging!
The pain of loss. Nice work!
I love this...I love the mystery and wonder of the piece...bkm
Oh, the pain of unrequited love. Beautifully written.
Sweetly sad. Nice Magpie
really sumptuous imagery!This is my first time reading a Magpie by you, but I hope it wont be the last! Great job!
Leaf shadows played on her face and he envied the tree that kissed her so freely
Such beautiful images and feelings...
Post a Comment