Monday, August 9, 2010

Greater Love Hath No Man Than This


every day

I look up with the same insatiability
that is clamoring at my feet

be my source - fill me with thy Water
unpolished and dented I turn to receive

forgive me for the days I try to hoard it

please, help me tip up over my edge
hold me while I pour out all I have on them

every day

* * * * * * * *
(And, on the flip side...)

Worse for the wear,
To say it kindly.
But, like the old watering can
Things were growing
Because she'd been there.

7 comments:

One Prayer Girl said...

Very beautiful.

I have just attempted my first Magpie Tale and I really like your Magpie post.

PG

signed...bkm said...

lovely write....calming thoughtful...bkm

Anonymous said...

I like the prayer very much, and the flip side too. Love Things were growing / Because she'd been there.

Tumblewords: said...

Very nice!

Helen said...

Both of your pieces are lovely ...

Brian Miller said...

i do believe that is the highest calling...that we may be poured out on others...and be known for leaving life behind us...nice magpie!

Sarah said...

Beautiful poems. I like them both very much. Poignant.