
Homemade whole wheat bread and a glass of whole milk. Sounds like perfectly healthy food to feed my three year old, right?
Well, so far it appears to be, not really.
For a long time Aiden was acting crazy. Getting into trouble ALL THE TIME. Making us all insane. It was suggested that I try taking him off of wheat and dairy. After going on the candida diet, and even spending a few weeks wheat-free myself, this did not seem like an insurmountable challenge. Tricky, yes. Coming up with enough things to feed a constantly hungry three year old without giving him anything that has wheat or dairy definitely taxes one's creative resources. But we've hung in there, and we've been doing it for a few weeks.
Today, I got my payback.
Kieran was working on his school and Nyah and I were doing some tidying up and Aiden spent at least an hour in the room with us just playing contentedly on his own. Seriously. HALLELUJAH!! That has not happened in AGES. And it was so wonderful! I'm so glad to have my sweet little boy back. It has been a real miracle for us. :)
4 comments:
What a blessing! I am sure with all a mother of young children has on her plate--preparing special foods for a child can only make life just a little more hectic. It reminds me of the poem by Arthur Wallace Peach...
The home where happiness
securely dwells
Was never wrought by charms
or magic spells.
A mother made it beautiful,
but knew
No magic save what tolling
hands can do.
I imagine that dear little Aiden, too, is singing HALLELUJAH in his heart. Keep up all your good work, Marti. :)
OH Marti - I just had CLara tested last wednesday and her biggest issue was yeast.... like daughter like mother.... I need ideas. She is my toast queen! Love that picture of the pond above your home...so pretty. Makes me remember I still need to come visit you. Take care friend.
That's wonderful! Isn't it amazing how such a simple thing can make such a difference. I'm glad it's helping.
Post a Comment