
I have hardly been able to talk myself into cooking dinner all week. Today I decided to make soup, and then I figured if I was going to cook, I might as well cook more than one soup to get us by the next time (like tomorrow) I don't feel like making dinner.
So with three pots simmering on the stove and Nyah and Kieran playing outside, Aiden started asking me to play tag with him. He showed me how fast I had to run, telling me to "run as fast as a super hero flies." I told him we could play "check on the soup tag" with me stopping to add something or stir after chasing him a pass or two through the kitchen and front room. Then he said, "Let's play tidy tag!" That is a kind of tag we've played to make cleaning up the playroom more fun. Then Aiden proceeded to suggest Run and Jump Tag, Fly Like Planes Tag, tag where I could only get him if he was by something (???), and tag where we hug when we tag someone.
It was super cute, but I have to say, I was not exactly feeling like playing tag today. More like taking a nap, or lying on the floor while Aiden built with blocks or something. Kids definitely push you to do more than you ever would if left to your own devices.

No comments:
Post a Comment