Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mr. Tolstoy, I will surely try



shouting, strident red voices
the blinding white rush of things never done
moments yellow with worry
green hours of mountains and laughter
slips of blue tranquil solitude
black painful corners menace and recede

I accept this blank denial of order

this life

and seek its cacophonic beauty

"The most difficult thing - but an essential one - is to love Life, to love it even while one suffers, because Life is all.  Life is [from] God, and to love Life means to love God."
Leo Tolstoy, "War and Peace"


written for http://magpietales.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

chrisd said...

If the definition of life was order, than I don't have a life. HA!

Right now, don't really have one anyway...

Beautiful interpretation of that picture. It's gorgeous, isn't it?

http://thescatteredstones.blogspot.com/2011/04/magpie-tales-mag-63.html

Isabel Doyle said...

well written response to the prompt, full of expressiveness

Tess Kincaid said...

I love the notion of worry being yellow. Nice piece.

Anonymous said...

superb!

Anonymous said...

superb!

keep it up.

Anonymous said...

superb!

keep it up



Join poetry potluck,
Expose your talent to wider audience today,
Share, have fun!
Happy May!
You Rock!
xxx