Good grief, have they cut days back to only 20 hours or something? I am astounded at how quickly they fill and go their way. We have been working a lot on researching and aquiring various foodstuffs and other supplies for our food storage, and that alone has taken a lot of time. Referring for my children adds to the adventures, of course. Too much to sum up, too tired to try. But some good thoughts, lately, too.
* The only things I can take with me when I die are the things I've learned, the experiences I've had and relationships I've built.
* A very elderly gentleman spoke in church last week and told us about a time, as a kid, that he was pulling faces at himself and noticed that he looked better when he was smiling. He decided then and there to "be a smiler." I want to be a Smiler.
* There is a story in the May issue of the Friend magazine about a girl who stopped to play with a little girl who was crying because the other kids wouldn't play with her. The girl who stopped said, "I will play with you because I am a Mormon." The sad girl said, "What's a Mormon?" The Mormon girl said, "Someone who is nice." There are two lessons that I learn from this - Announce that I am a Mormon, and be nice (Christlike) as much as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment