Some definate ups and downs this weekend. Friday night I had such a bad headache with bright lights blocking most of my vision...But today, Sunday, I had much less headache than has been normal for me lately. The food thing has been a little wierd. On one hand, it's like a little part of my brain thinks I'm fasting or something - every time I reach for food a little voice says, "Oh, I can't have that," and then the rest of my brain catches up and says, "no, this is okay to eat." But on the other hand, I've been able to come up with some yummy things.
For some reason, perhaps because I don't have simple sugars for my body to burn so it's going through food faster, I am STARVING. For lunch yesterday I ate two whole avocados (made into guacamole) with corn chips.
Fabulous new recipe number one: creamed spinach with an egg and a piece of soda bread. This was YUMMY.
I also made some chili this weekend and only had to leave some very minor ingredients out. I still put in about a tablespoon of honey...hopefully that isn't really cheating since a little honey is okay when I'm baking bread.
I still can't decide if the vitamin B shot made a big difference. Maybe the shot is why my headaches aren't as bad.
Overall, there have been rough moments but tonight I am feeling optimistic. Tomorrow will be a new adventure - I want to make beef stew, but since I can't use the little au jus seasoning packet I will be roasting beef bones and vegetables to make beef stock from scratch. (I figure the time and effort to make what I can myself will balance the more expensive things that I do buy - like almond butter.)
Eastern philosophy moment: All this thought this weekend about what I can't have anymore made me realize something. For a person to satisfy their every whim is very selfish, but self-denial can be just as self-absorbing. As is the case with everything else in life, it's all about the proper balance.
1 comment:
I didn't know you have been having such bad headaches. I am so sorry. What made you decided to do the candida diet?
I'm sorry its been rough. I am jealous of the avocados. When I was doing the raw foods thing, I ate avocados all the time and loved it. I was so spoiled by CA avocados, that i can't eat the sorry excuses they have out here.
Keep up the good work. This will totally help you heal, which I know you know, but I am trying to be a cheerleader. I totally agree with your Eastern thought. Self-denial can definately be very self-absorbing. I love you! I am thinking of you! You can do this!
Post a Comment