So I'm halfway through my second week, and it's going better than I would have anticipated. I've been getting a little bored with what I can eat (I've been sprinkling curry powder on things the last couple of days to literally "spice things up") and I've been spending a LOT of time cooking since I have to make everything from scratch. But even with those two little bummers, I think this afternoon is a good indication of how I'm doing - I went to a baby shower where there was dinner and dessert and not a single thing that I could eat...and I didn't really mind.
I do, however, wish that I had a bigger freezer. I would love to make big batches when I cook and put a bunch in the freezer so that I only have to cook once or twice a week and just pull things out of the freezer the other times. Oh well.
Top desperation recipes of the week: 1) Cottage cheese on top of biscuits. 2) Homemade pasta sauce on top of leftover chicken and Triscuits. (That's right, pasta sauce on crackers. It actually wasn't that bad.)
My food lifesaver has been Irish soda bread with almond butter. I eat that sometimes twice a day if I'm having a hard time finding something to eat. The wierdest thing has been that I've only had one salad all this time. For some reason I just haven't felt like having salads.
Candida conversations aside, I bought the dye today to dye my hair red. I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT and I just haven't had the guts. I'm excited. :)
1 comment:
I know what you mean. I remember trying my darndest to come up with anything to spice things up. I put cinnamon in plain yogurt. I literally could and would eat anything no matter how strange. I'm excited about your hair. You'll have to send pictures
Post a Comment