Friday, April 17, 2009

Gutter Races

Spring is springing (and then retreating) but we've had some fun. Today the weather is pleasant again and we went outside for a bike ride. Kieran's friend Jonas came along, sporting a new bike helmet. But the plastic packaging was still attached, which hung down over the front of his eyes, so he rode with his head tilted up to try to look out from beneath the plastic. It was funny to watch him. I asked Jonas if he would like me to take it off for him, but he went zooming by on his bike saying, "I don't think you can!"

Anyway, soon the bike riding stopped and Kieran, Jonas, Nyah and Aiden were all picking leaves, dandelions, etc. to float down the gutter. Kieran and Jonas were "racing" and you could hear both of them saying, "Here comes another contestant!" "The contestant is stuck!" and the like. It's funny how easily I forget that kids are just happier outside.

I've been trying to take some pictures of our fun this week. I get so wrapped up in the parts that are stressing me out, and somehow it helps to look back over the fun stuff and say, "okay, so maybe this week wasn't so bad..." I know one thing for sure, though. Days with shorter to-do lists tend to be happier ones for all of us. K.I.S.S., right? So here are some pics:

Kieran has the exact same shirt in two sizes. He thought it would be fun to dress like twins with Aiden.


Nyah wanted to make a "green pie" - known to the rest of the world as spinach quiche. She's my little chef!

For one of the lessons in art we got to make prints. We painted cookie sheets and then placed paper on top to make the print. It was fun!


Nyah's masterpiece.


Kieran's print and my print.

1 comment:

Lori B said...

Love the pictures and picturing the fun. Tell Nyah the quiche looks good and I want to try some. Tell Kieran he is an Artiste (pronounced with an e sound like in see)