Thursday, April 2, 2009

a mixed bag

It's so much more fun to write about the happy parts of my week, but Nyah has been a cheerfully evasive little BUM this week. She has been really sneeky and has been lying and stealing repeatedly. I've definately been handling it better than I have in the past, which is a bit of a victory, but I would so love to just be able to trust her! Such is the adventure and irony of parenting - loving your kids and sometimes wanting to strangle them at the same time.

On a happier note, Aiden is adding some words to his vocabulary. He says "honey" very clearly, and uses it for everything sweet except "cookie." He started saying "apple" yesterday, correctly, but today he also used it for an orange. He does a bird whistle when he wants goldfish crackers, and asks for popcorn almost every day. I realized on Monday that Aiden uses "Doddy" for "Kieran". (Quite the stretch, I know, which is why I just barely figured out what he meant even though he's been saying it for a while.) And he has graduated from saying "uh-uh" to a very clear "NO." He still uses a hard "H" sound for "hot", but today I think I might have heard him saying the whole word. Aiden also has an Italian/English combo word, "moo" which is "piu" and "more." It's really cute to hear him asking for "moo" all the time. :) Seems like there is a lot more that could go into a good Aiden update... maybe I'll do a part two soon.

1 comment:

Lori B said...

What a cute little son you have. It was fun to talk to you and the kids yesterday. Have a super week!