Kieran always complains, groans, moans, etc. whenever I give him a writing practice assignment. This morning I sat him down on my bed and gave him two pages of writing... Kieran said, "Can I please be by myself while I do this?" I said, "Yes, I'm going to go in my bathroom and take a shower while you are working." I walked into my bathroom and closed the door and heard...singing.
Kieran was sitting on my bed singing, "Let's get writing, let's get writing!"
I resisted the urge to drop dead on the floor and took my shower as I had planned. I hadn't even finished drying off when I heard, "I'm done, Mom!" When I was dressed and opened the door there was Kieran, standing at the door, ready to show me his work.
Kieran said, "Writing still isn't my favorite thing, but it was kind of fun." He sang his way through the whole assignment.
Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, hooray! Hip, hip, HOORAY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment