Thursday, March 25, 2010

7+5+3 = CHAOS

I'm not even going to write about how, on Tuesday, Nyah was playing in the tub (which she had filled to the top with water) and Aiden came in and started baling water out onto the floor while Nyah sat in the tub saying, "Aiden, stop it." I have discovered that the problem with a bigger house on three levels is that it is hard to hear what the children are doing...by the time I discovered what was going on Aiden had baled out enough water to flood the bathroom, soak the carpet in the neighboring room, and leak down into the ceiling and light fixtures of the rooms below.

No, I'm not going to write about that.

Today I sent the kids upstairs with arms full of clean laundry to go put away. Then the Relief Society president came over to give me my VT supervisor beat. When she left I went upstairs to see what the kids were doing. Aiden had just rushed out the front door and I wanted to know what the other two were doing.

Now, at this point, you need a little bit of background. For some reason the builder still hasn't put the screens on our windows.

I walked into Nyah's room to see the window open and an over-turned laundry basket standing in front of it. And the whole room stripped clean. Read that carefully. Not tidied up, stripped clean.

I looked out that open window to see all of Nyah's worldly possessions scattered across the dirt below while Nyah and Kieran were picking there way (barefoot) across the hard dirt to gather up the belongings that the three of them had been tossing out the window. (This is a strange way for children to entertain themselves, in my opinion.)


The very best part, though, is that I could actually laugh about this one. :)

4 comments:

Jeremiah said...

After wasting my entire day on Tuesday desperately trying to clean up the disaster Aiden and Nyah created with the flooding, all I can do is heartily laugh at this innocuous episode.

Stacy said...

I don't know if could laugh about either one of those, so good for you!

Lori B said...

Well, I'm glad that Nyah wasn't severely upset about all her things being thrown out the window. I can just picture the two of them calmly picking things up from outside and maybe even planning to do it again because it was so much fun.

Unknown said...

Well, my first thought was of the news stories I have heard about children drowning in unsupervised tubs and so forth...and then how much damage could (was) likely done by all the water that seeped through the floors and walls. I'm glad that you could laugh about it because I wouldn't have been able to!