Wednesday, May 26, 2010

University

Good grief. Sometimes I think I've moved on to like, Life 310 or something, and then I feel like I'm right back in 101 again.

I feel like I've been learning so much this spring...some of it has actually been quite painful...and it dawned on me that the process has not been learning more about God and His ways. It has been learning more about what I am doing/being that is not Godly. But even when I look back on the days that hurt, I feel excited about the process. If I am being taught, however painfully, by the Master himself, that is touching to me. I am grateful that He puts up with how slowly I learn some of these things, and that He cares enough to teach me.


2 comments:

grete said...

Marti -

Yes, life certainly has that “two steps forward, one back” quality sometimes. I have lived a poem this week called ““Yes, of course it hurts when buds are breaking” (by Karin Boye). And then there is spring, and leaves unfold everywhere......

Grete

Lori B said...

I agree with you. I sometimes end up relearning different versions of the same lesson over and over. But, it is kind of amazing when you look back and see how you've changed. I'm sorry that it's been tough for you though.