Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Optimist



Hope springs eternal
And I must say that it is true
Here I am six feet under
Not buried in death, but in Life
Alternately drowning and buoyed.
Things are looking a little deep right now
But
As each breath rises, so will I

For hope springs eternal.

Written for http://magpietales.blogspot.com/.

9 comments:

Carrie Van Horn said...

Hope springs eternal....so much truth in your words Marti...just love your blog!!

Wander said...

Thank you for your words

Trellissimo said...

And I hope you make it to the surface! LOL

Tess Kincaid said...

Buried in life! I love this...

Brian Miller said...

nice...keep that hope alive and you will not drown for sure...

Susan Anderson said...

My dad always used to say "Hope springs eternal."

Works for me!

=)

susan m hinckley said...

"alternately drowning and buoyed" -- love that description, it really rings true -- well done!

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

keep your watchfulness live.

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

Hello,
How are you?
Do you like challenges?
Share your talent with us by writing for our theme today, or share a random piece of poetry.

Hope to see you soon!
Best wishes.
Cheers.
Happy Creative Writing,
xoxox