Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Assorted Randomness part II

If you like things in chronological order, read the post below first. :) I guess there is a little on the size of each individual post, so here is the next batch:



Kieran's school had a Mad Scientist assembly and the kids were invited to dress up.



This is what happens when Momma sleeps in.

Some local real estate agents hosted an Easter egg hunt (a week early to avoid conflicts with another very popular local event).



Checking out Nyah's catch. (Yes, we used the Halloween buckets for our Easter eggs.)



And he's off!

Half the fun was opening up all the eggs.

Kieran got some coupons at school for a free game of bowling. Kieran and Nyah had a great time.


I don't know what the odds are of this happening, but Kieran and Nyah actually tied. They both scored 86.

On Sunday, as I was finishing up making dinner, Kieran came into the room and said, "Could I please have a bookmark? I have a scripture I would like to share during dinner." I looked down and he was holding a copy of the Book of Mormon. As we sat down to eat Kieran read, largely unassisted, 1 Nephi 3:6-13 to us. He now reads half a page to us every night at dinner. :) (My five-year-old is reading the Book of Mormon. Any guesses what reading level that is?) :) :) Kieran is also excited to take the Book of Mormon to school to read to his class when Spring Break is over.

1 comment:

Mike and Erika said...

I love the pictures. It is so fun to get to see them, because then it feels more like we are watching your kids grow up, and sharing a little in the experience.
Love,
Erikaye