Nyah and I had a baking day today. We made bread, and she used her portion of that to make a "kid pizza". I helped her make some little pies in some heart-shaped foil pans I bought for her a while ago, and she helped me make two different kinds of muffins. I also successfully made carrot cake with maple syrup instead of brown sugar. A very tasty day. :) The only bummer in all our baking was that when I put the little custard pies in the fridge after they were baked, Aiden grabbed the plate that they were on and dumped them out on the floor. (Kieran was so disappointed not to get his pie!)
Aiden is starting to stand unsupported, although it is always brief. He doesn't seem almost a year old to me...
Jeremiah was giving a lesson on contention the other night and Kieran had quite the epiphany. Jeremiah told us that the Spirit cannot be where there is contention. He also told us that Satan is the father of contention and wants us to be miserable like he is. Kieran then told us that Satan is miserable because he can never have the Spirit with him. Needless to say, we were quite impressed!
Another victory for Kieran tonight - he discussed something with me that he was upset about but didn't yell at me...well, he did at first, but then I told him that I would only discuss it with him if he didn't yell at me and he managed to keep his cool. I was very proud, and told him so. (I think he would have rather that I gave in instead of be proud of him, but oh well.) ;)
1 comment:
That was quite the epiphany! Out of the mouths of babes.
Post a Comment