Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ten Days Short

I was hoping for a title full of literary allusions - "Ides of March." But I looked it up and the Ides of March is not March 5, but March 15. So we have a few more days until it is time to "beware."

I have been attending "Martha University" this year, reading up on nutrition, parenting (which includes a whole range of subjects) and enjoying some literature in between. (New books I read for the first time where A Door in the Hedge by Robin McKinley and Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne.) (Has anybody read Howard's End by E.M. Forster? I picked that up but have been chicken to start it - I can't say why.) Well, today I embarked on a new subject - fitness and excercise. Today I picked up some books at the library to see if I can find some inspiration for fitting a little exercise into my day. Energy and stress levels both stand to benefit, so I am hoping to find a way that I can actually exercise and make it a habit.

Our FHE lesson on Monday was on the Nephites right after they landed - Nephi taught them to work, and commented that they "lived after the manner of happiness." Tonight we had a prime example of that. After some homework and then dinner, we read together, Kieran cleared the table, we ran around the backyard (literally - I lost count of the numbers of "races" we ran), tidied up the house together (another race) and got ready for bed. It was a very happy combination of work and play, and it made for a most pleasant evening.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That sounds lovely. And so does Martha's University. Just make sure that you eat even more if you start exercising, but I'm sure that you didn't need me to say that. I could picture you guys running around in the backyard. I wish I was there. Love ya!
(ps I like the name of your blog!)