I love peaches. I adore peaches. Peaches are the most wonderful... okay, you get the idea.
There is an orchard not far from where we live where you get to go and pick your peaches yourself and buy them for dirt cheap. We were there on Wednesday and went again today. The kids loved it! They loved running around, and they loved helping to pick the peaches.




With a total of three big buckets full of peaches, I am far from done processing them all, but I feel really good about what I got done today! In addition to picking two big buckets of the little beauties today, I bottled 21 (and a half) quarts, made 6 pints of peach-orange jam, and froze a tray-full for smoothies. Oh, and there were a few blanched peaches left over so I blended them up with some apple juice to make "peach nectar." YUM!
And now I am going to go crash in bed. :)
1 comment:
Sounds lovely. I think I'm going to have to sample your wares when I come home for Christmas.
Post a Comment