Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Things My Kids Say



Nyah: "Mom, tell me truly and sincerely..."

Aiden, when lifting something weighty: "Don't worry, Mom, I'm a heavy guy."

Kieran to Nyah, while playing a game of checkers: "Now this game is going to get sophisticated."

None of my kids say, "gorilla," they all say "gerwilla".

I was telling Aiden a story about a big blue truck that took some "horse hay" (Aiden's addition) to the horses. The family of horses talked all through the story. At the end they go to the truck to say "thank you" and the Big Blue Truck smiles and says, "You're welcome." And immediately Aiden said, "Mom, trucks don't talk. Trucks don't smile and say 'You're welcome.'" But he didn't have a problem with the horses talking. ;)

We were driving past a corn field, and the kids saw that the stalks had all been cut down. They asked why the farmer didn't make a corn maze out of it. I simply said that some farmers don't choose to do that. And Nyah said, "Well, he could always hire some raccoons." (What???)

Kieran likes to have a little chat when I give him his hug and kiss goodnight. He asked me, "So what should we chat about tonight?" I said I didn't know. He was quiet for a moment and then said, "Well, anyway, you know Hermes? Hermes, the messenger God? He's a little mischievous. Sometimes I like to be mischievous, too."

Aiden puts the "s" in words that start with "s" and a consonant at the end of the word, as in "pits" instead of spit, "nakes" instead of snake, and "pins" instead of spin. Our current favorite? "Snotty" (as in "don't talk snotty") becomes "nazi." Aiden is working on not talking nazi.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What cuties! I love it!

Lori B said...

I love it, thanks for sharing!