Monday, March 16, 2009
Candida diet
So Lori was wondering what I've added back into my diet. I've been toying with adding bread, and the jury is actually still out on that one. I want to eat bread, but I'm not sure it's going over well. That's a bit of a heartbreaker for me. I guess I've learned from my "easing up a bit" that I need to shore up my will power again and not ease up after all. I ate some crackers (not just a few) on Friday and on Saturday it was like someone had turned my allergies on. So I've got to find the right balance for me, because I do really miss baked goods, and they don't always make my body very happy. I happened upon a recipe for raw cashew cookies that you "bake" in the dehydrator. I need to give those a try, and find more recipes of a similar theme if they satisfy my baked goods craving without making me feel yucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I make a lot of muffins and soda bread and pancakes. They satisfy my needs for bread. I recipes for oatmeal pancakes and whole wheat pancakes that are really good. Whole Foods sells muesli at a pretty good price. I added yeast bread back in October or November. It's a really simple whole wheat bread that I get at Trader Joe's. The fewer ingredients the better. If wheat is causing the allergy problem for you, maybe that doesn't help. Dairy makes my allergies go nuts, so I use soy cheese and milk. Although my body will tolerate milk if it's baked in bread. Any way, as I'm sure you are learning, experimentation is the key. You'll learn as you go what your body can tolerate. There are some things, like eggs, that I can handle every now and then but on a regular basis are bad news. Good luck and happy hunting.
-Lori
Post a Comment