I am thrilled to no end with how much happier Kieran has been the last several days. I've been happier, too. Homeschooling is off to an awesome start.
I spoke with Kieran's "teacher" (or more appropriately, my question-answerer) today about getting to a more appropriate curriculum level for Kieran, and I just felt jazzed by the time I got off the phone. The prospect of giving Kieran the different levels of curriculum that he will need in the various subjects is so exciting. Anyway, I'll stop the boring ramblings.
We had a lovely day today. We had an early lesson, and then broke to finish up chores. The kids got them done fast enough for us to pack a picnic and go to the park. Everyone had a great time. Then back home for Aiden's nap and we finished school. The kids played together while I made some bread. We read "Pippi Longstocking" while our pasta cooked for dinner. We ate outside on the front porch - the weather has really been nice this week.
Of course there were still the messes, tantrums and fights that come with a house with three children, but the moments in between that stuff were so nice that I just look back on the day as a whole with a rosy glow. The Love and Logic class that Jeremiah and I have been going to has given us some good tools for handling the messes, tantrums and fights, too. ;) So while it is true that we are far from being translated, this week (so far) has been a bit of heaven on earth for me. :)
1 comment:
Way to go. I'm really happy for you and your home schooling adventures. I hope that heaven sticks around.
Post a Comment