Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kickin' back

This week has been such a busy one for me and the kids. We've been running errands, trying out the new dehydrator, doing chores, doing school. Today we took it easy. I read to the kids a lot today. Kieran and I did the science lesson for school, and he spent some time on the computer, but we kept it pretty mellow. We made an experimental batch of raw oatmeal "cookie dough". We watched "Winnie-the-Pooh" together while we ate dinner. Everybody is really happy. :)

One thing that was very fun was the music lesson we had today. It was about beat and rhythm. After doing the suggested activities Kieran and I played a mother-may-I sort of game. I would clap out a rhythm and that told him how big/small and fast/slow his steps should be as he walked toward me. After a few times he spontaneously jumped into my arms and knocked me back into the futon with a big hug. Of course both of us loved it, so every time Kieran went from the wall all the way to me it ended with a flattening hug. I'm so glad that my six-year-old still likes to hug his mamma.


Yesterday Jeremiah and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Looking back over the last ten years is kind of amazing, so I figured I'd catalog the things we've done since we've been married:

* lived in three different states
* been to Europe three times
* moved 14 times
* lost $50,000 in the stock market
* recieved an associate's degree, two bachelor's and a master's (and my bachelor's degree and Jeremiah's MBA were with Kieran in tow)
* had three kids, each in a different state
* been to Washington D.C., Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Yellowstone three times, to see the Redwoods, several trips to San Diego, and more drives between Mesa and Farmington than I care to count
* found Jeremiah's biological father
* had 10 different jobs (just for Jeremiah!)
* had 4 different periods of unemployment
* gone from being newlyweds eating mac and cheese to foodies eating homemade Thai and growing wheatgrass

We've enjoyed (and survived) a lot of stuff... And we have been blessed and watched over by the Lord through it all!
So here's to the next ten... I love you, Jeremiah, and I wouldn't walk this road with anybody else.

3 comments:

Lori B said...

Many congratulations to you and your wonderful husband as well as your darling, delightful children! Can I come to your school? It sounds like you all have a lot of fun.

Stacy said...

I love that pic of you and Jer. I have such great memories of your wedding day- congratulations on ten years! (I'm so glad you knocked on my practice room door that day!) And I'm with Lori, can I come to your school?

ronaya said...

This is a wonderful snapshot and it answers lots of my questions. I love the part about my boy being the only one you would want to travel down the road to the future with.